Wednesday, December 31, 2014

new years eve

Hello!

It's New Years Eve....how crazy is that!! And before I forget I want to mention that to bring in the New Year there's a 20% off all clear stamp sets Sale!!! I think we can all agree and say time flies by and I'm sure that many of you like myself are reflecting on 2014. I'm looking forward to 2015, a fresh slate, new hope....a second chance. I hope to make some changes to my blog here, share more of my life...how I'm going to go about this I'm not sure....I'll see how it goes and what feels right. 

The same goes with Jane's Doodles. Many changes have happened this year, the biggest is that I'm doing this on my own now. I have so many fun designs sketched in my book waiting to come to life. I'm so grateful to all my customers who support me. I know I'm not the biggest fish in the pond....more like I'm that teeny tiny transparent fishy (you know the one).....but I have a lot I want to share and create. 



I wanted to share this drawing today and offer it as a free digital. I was drawing late last night (had to stay up until midnight to give Mia antibiotics (she's got a nasty ear infection).







One of my many ideas for new stamps is portraits like this one but more my style of drawing, making some tweaks (you'll have to stick around and see what I'm talking about! :)  ). Growing up I had a rainbow of friends, different religion, black, brown, yellow, white....and my sets are all inspired by things, people, etc. in my life. I don't really follow trends...perhaps not a good thing.





To create the stripe background I used my Stripes and Dots stamp set. I inked the stamp and first stamped it on some scratch paper and then onto the card to create a more washed out, softer look.
I coloured the girl with my Graph'it markers. The sentiment is from my Butterflies stamp set.





Right click on the image and save! :) For personal use only.





From the bottom of my heart I want to wish you all the very best in the New Year! Love, peace, and good health. 
xo

1 comment:

Judy1223 said...

Gorgeous image, gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing, Jane! Happy New year!