Friday, March 17, 2023

we're closing



Well, here we are.







This last year has been rough.
This journey has been challenging. I started this business without investing money in it. I paid for one stamp set (the Bakery set) and with the money I got from selling it, I bought some more. Totally dependent on sales. Getting a loan wasn't an option then and it's still not an option. So here we are. Also, Covid did a lot of damage. I tried to hang in as long as possible and tried everything I could think of to get a larger audience/customers. It's funny but in the last couple of months my followers grew but sales did not.

I want to first say thank you to my magical design team. I don't know why they hung around as long as they have but I sure am grateful they did. Thank you for your time, talent, and encouragement. Most of all thank you for your friendship. I love each of you and this doesn't change that we are still family.

I want to thank a small group of wonderful and fiercely loyal customers. You all truly blessed me. I will miss getting emails and messages from you. Thank you for supporting my little business all these years.

I do feel bad for those who just discovered Jane's Doodles.






Thank you to my manufacturer, the whole team, and especially Lisa.




What now?
Well, I have to sell what's left so there's a clearance sale - 50% off, and no code is needed.
I will keep drawing. I will add digital stamps to the shop until I figure out what's next. So I hope you will continue to support me and shop the clearance sale and for those of you who use digital stamps, I hope you'll like what I will be adding to the shop. As I said I want to keep drawing so I'm open to drawing for another company. I've been looking into Surface design, very interesting. Got my little Etsy shop.
I will leave the blog up of course. Some of my design team will stick around a bit longer working with the digital stamp that I will be adding to the shop.

There is a lot to say but I have no words....you know that feeling? I'm just all cried out.
 



xo

  

12 comments:

~amy~ said...

Jane,
Big Hugs, love your work.
Amy

Janette said...

I really hate to see you go, I hope you can find a good break is all you need and come back ready to roll.xx

Michelle Bala said...

Jane! I love your drawings! Your stamps have always made me smile! Sending you love! Will check back often!

Erica A-B said...

Oh Jane, I'm so sorry to hear you have had such a tough time with this. Your designs are so cute, and you will be very missed. Big hugs!!

MadeByMeghanK said...

Please don't stop creating! I LOVE your art!

LaurieC said...

Oh Jane. This breaks my heart. I have loved your stamps for years and have quite a collection. I am 100% sure there is a company out there who will want your talent and I can’t wait for that day!! I will continue to support you through your digital stamps. You’ve got this, my friend!! Bug hugs sent your way from Canada!

World of Michael Trent said...

So sorry to hear this Jane. I do love your images but, living in Brasil, with a crazy currency, makes it hard and expensive to buy. I really wish you would open a store and sell your images as digi stamps. That would rock. You can make some money, no shipping and you can keep your amazing brand alive! I hope you do.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh no!!! :((( I'm so sad to hear this, Jane! I can image how hard is for you keeping this decision. :(
This is a very difficult time for a lot of people (including me) as money is never enough. But your art is amazing, cute, sweet and radiates love, so hope you don't stop to draw and find new ways.
Sending lot of love and hugs!

Mary-Anne V said...

So sad to hear this news. Love your designs. I hope the future is filled with much happiness and great success in whichever path you take.

menagerie said...

Oh, no! Turns out that I'm JUST discovering you because everyone is posting your goodbye. I'm so sad for you and the entire stamp design community ... it's obvious that you are greatly loved by one and all. Your work is SO distinctive and I will be on the look-out to find you at your next adventure. Whoever grabs you up will be lucky, indeed! Best of everything to you!

Bonnie Lynn said...

Well fiddlesticks! I'm just discovering your shop too. Will keep an eye out for your digital stamps.

Dotty Jo said...

Just left you a message on Instagram. Big hugs. x