Monday, January 4, 2021

hope + new design team member

Hello!

Before we get into today's gorgeous card by our newest design team member I'd like to say once again thank you to all who purchased my Hope digital stamp. I will leave it in the shop and will donate all the money towards the victims of the earthquakes here in Croatia.

I felt one this morning which was 4.7 in Petrinja (one of the cities devasted by the earthquakes). They are having aftershocks almost every hour. Yesterday Zagreb had an earthquake of 2.7. It was load and short, felt like an explosion.

I will be making the first donation today, will share it on Instagram.

On to today's card.


Hello, JD Friends! I've recently joined the Jane's Doodles Design Team and I'm happy to share my first post in 2021 with you today. You may remember me from the Challenge team last year. I am happy to be back and sharing new ideas and inspiration using products designed by Jane's Doodles

 I was moved by Jane's efforts to raise funds for the cities of Sisak and Petrinja in Croatia. These cities experienced devastation from recent earthquakes. I immediately purchased the beautiful floral digital download, called Hope for Charity that Jane created and put on sale in the store. For $5 you can purchase this floral spray to use. All proceeds go to help with the relief efforts in Croatia. It's a kind way to enjoy your craft and help others out, too.


For my card, I used a slimline style card base measuring 3-1/2" wide X 8-1/2" tall. I added a faux plankboard pattern paper to the bottom 2/3 of the front panel of this white card base. I printed my floral bouquet on Neenah 80lb cardstock as well as additional leaves and individual peonies to add to the bouquet.

To color my card, I used the following Copic Marker colors: 

Yellows: YR24, YR21, Y38, Y18, Y15, Y08

Oranges: YR27, YR24, YR61 

Browns: E57

Purples: V12, V09, V06, V05

Greens: YG67, YG63, YG61, YG03


I attached the bouquet to the card front using dimensional foam tabs and tucked the additional leaves and flowers behind the center bouquet. The phrase was stamped and added to the card as well as sequins in yellows, rose pink and oranges. 

I will be sending this card to a friend of mine who lost her mom last Sunday. It's nice to be able to send a handmade hug to a friend while helping others across the world in need. Here's a link to Jane's Doodles to download your stamp and give back, too! 

Thanks for stopping by today. If you want to see more ideas and inspiration from me, subscribe to my blog, BobbiHartDesign.com. I’ll send you updates on new posts! You can also find me on Instagram as @BobbiHartDesign and on Facebook as BobbiHartDesign

Bobbi Hartmann Lemanski, Bobbi Hart♥ Design, Adding h♥art into every design


7 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

An amazing card and Jane did a great thing creating this digi for Croatian people in need! I bought it too and hope that other crafters will do the same

Blankina said...

Such a pretty versione love how you have layered the digi..lovely colour choice too, hugs Blankina

Dotty Jo said...

Great card. Welcome Bobbi, Jo x

Amanda Wilcox said...

Congratulations Bobbi! Gorgeous card!

Shelly said...

Such a beautiful card! Congrats on joining the DT!

Andre M. said...

Gorgeous design, welcome to the team Bobbi!

Fikreta said...

gorgeous card!
Happy New year!