Thursday, May 6, 2021

guest designer

 Hello!

Today I have another awesome guest designer! 


Hi everyone!

My name is Erica and I’m so excited to be guesting for Jane’s Doodles today! When Jane reached out to see if I wanted to guest, I was absolutely delighted! 

I have two cards to share with you, made with the Dogs and the Cats stamp sets. Both of these are clean and simple, to keep the images as the stars of the cards



I picked out the biggest image in both sets and stamped them in the middle of a panel of Copic friendly paper. The greys I have used are Cool Grey, from C9 to C00.

On the dog I have coloured him in with a flicking technique, to get some texture on that fur. I have not blended the different shades at all to make sure it looks really shaggy, and layered. His little nose was coloured in with the E04,E71 and W5.



Below him I stamped up the water bowl, the newspaper and the chew. These are lightly shaded to avoid them looking flat. The bowl I coloured in an ombre blue look. I also added a couple of sentiments in black ink, and a couple of red hearts around his head.



When the colouring was finished, I used a couple of stitched rectangle dies, to add some interest around the edges. Once all these were adhered to a card base, I added a little bit of Glossy Accents to the nose and the water bowl to make them pop.



The kitty cat card was done in a similar way, with Cool Greys and the same blues as the dog card, which are B99-B91. These are my favourite blue Copics, I absolutely love them.

The cat was coloured in a different way, in a more blended look, whilst still giving him a textured look.



Of course he had to have some toys, so I stamped up the ball of yarn, the fish and the mouse (in my mind, these are toys, not a real fish and real mouse) These are also coloured in with the same colours, to keep the card cohesive.


I used the same stitched rectangle dies on this card, and popped the smaller rectangle up with foam tape to create some layer and dimension. With it all being white, it’s a subtle way to add some interest.
A few sentiments from the stamp set were added, and I also added glossy accents on the fish and his nose. Sadly it doesn’t show very well in the photos but I really do think it makes such a difference! 




Well, with that I am done for today, but I hope you enjoyed this post and the cards! Thank you so much to Jane for having me, I am so happy to be guesting and really hope it won’t be the last time! (Hint, hint)



Lots of love and happy crafting from Erica! You can find me on various social media, including Instagram and I did make a YouTube video for these cards too! 

2 comments:

Erica A-B said...

Thank you so much for having me!

Fikreta said...

Wonderful cards!
lve them!